Studies show that from 2000 to 2016, the average human attention span has dropped from 12 seconds to 7 seconds. That’s right, you have 7 seconds to impress incomers and spark a potential client to stay on your website.
The typical load time for a website is around 2-3 seconds. So, that leaves you with roughly 4 seconds to grab someone’s attention. No pressure.
Attracting people to the website and keeping them on your website, should be the same thing. We want your conversion rates to be high.
A few tips to increase your conversion rates:
- Load time – remember human attention span is only 7 seconds. Don’t waste precious seconds on unnecessary load time.
- Call to action – Are you telling your customers what to do? You have a lower conversion rate if the customer has to go looking for what they are supposed to click on.
- Clean design – Clean doesn’t mean you can’t throw in your bright color palette. Clean design means you are removing the unnecessary content and leaving only what is important.
- Mobile friendly – If we’re being honest here, I click off a website immediately if it’s not mobile friendly. I don’t want the hassle of navigating a website on my phone that isn’t accommodating my phone. Be mobile friendly, because there is research stating I am not the only one.
- Humanize your brand – Don’t talk like a robot unless you’re a robot salesman. If you need help with writing
copycheck out Marie Forleo.
- Create a page hierarchy – Does each page makes sense? Is the structure confusing? Is your call to action at the very bottom of the page where the majority of visitors won’t see it?
- Make it clear what your service or product is – We have all seen that website that leaves us more confused. More often than not we go to a website for help. Be clear!!!
- Post testimonials – Testimonials are a great way to build brand trust. Word of mouth is unmatched marketing tactic that companies still rely on.
- White space – Let’s make something clear – white space is NOT boring. White space allows the eyes to focus on what is important. It shows the potential customer where to look and/or why it’s important.
- User-friendly – Your customers will thank you if your website is user-friendly. We’ve all been on a random website that doesn’t load properly, broken links,branding is inconsistent, and load time is for the attention span of non-humans.
If you are curious about how to take your website to the next level – contact us and set up a free consultation. We work hard for you to determine exactly how to keep the attention of people in your target market.